Friday, December 5, 2008

Pay It Forward


I think I am going backwards...keep forgetting things, etc.. I was surfing through my favorite blogs and was fortunate to be one of three to respond to Objection Perfections Pay It Forward. The rules are simple: the exchange is a focus on doing an act of kindness-without the expectation of anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn pass the kindness along and Pay It Forward.


The first three people who respond to the question of their favorite Christmas/Holiday memory (very pc of me!!!)-the first three will receive a small token of appreciation and are asked to post Pay It Forward on their blog. You must have a blog to play.


Please include your email address with your response.

4 comments:

Toad said...

When I was 8yo my father was transfered from Saint Louis to kansas City. We moved two days before Christmas from the home we loved to a new house in a new city, without family or friends.

Somehow, my parents gave us the most wonderful Christmas. We had the tree up Christmas eve amongst all the moving boxes, and almost everything on our lists were beautifully wrapped and awaiting us Christmas morning.

I have no idea how they pulled it off, but I know it wasn't easy, but it became the Christmas we always talked about.

News Readin' Wife said...

When I was old enough to realize that Santa was portly and the chimney was narrow (4 or 5 yrs old), it concerned me that there was a strong possibility he could get stuck (and I would be without presents on Christmas Day.)

Voicing my concerns (borderline hysteria) my mother said that we could leave a special key for Santa, so he could come through the front door.

She provided me with an ancient looking brass key with a green velvet ribbon and a tag that read "Santa's Special Key."

Every Christmas Eve before we went to bed, we would leave the key on a little table outside the front door along with carrots for the reindeer.

I love my mother's creativity, which ultimately became a very special Christmas tradition.

Merry Christmas.

asumerford@gmail.com

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I need the scoop. Did your partner participate or not in the swap? She says she tracked her package to you and it was delivered on the 6th...

Please give me the deets.

Jodee said...

I sure hope you enjoyed your gift this season! Thanks for letting me know you got it, and thanks for my gift! It was wonderful:) I really enjoyed the gift of surprise this season!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!