Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Barefoot Contessa-Cooking



It arrived - my much awaited copy of the Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics. Remember in high school when you tried to read a book in your lab under your desk? Guess who is doing that now.Sure I have my own office and if I put my door at a certain angle I can see who is coming for a visit. Ah the smell of a new book - beats new car smell anyday.




I am not a great cook, but can pull together an acceptable meal. One of the best presents I ever received was a cooking lesson through the Viking Cooking School. It lasts three hours (I know what you are thinking) but it really goes quickly. Very hands on with no more than 12 in a class. Then at the end you get to eat!

If you live anywhere near one of their locations - think about taking a class.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oooh, I love the Contessa!

Linda Lou said...

I have 5 of our cookbooks. I live in San Diego and am thinking of driving up to LA for her book signing on November 14th at Williams Sonoma, she is so fun to watch and her home is AWESOME! GREAT BLOG...

Jean Martha said...

I'm a lit. agent. I can pretend I'm working when a shiny new book that I've ordered hits my desk. That's my best covert work perk!!

Now...back to my Stitched In Time book...heeheehee...